Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bean Therapy

I was making a big dinner tonight - in a VERY hot kitchen (91 degrees today) and Blondie asked if she could help me snap the beans. "OF COURSE," I said, because I'm a sneaky mom, and bean snapping is therapy in disguise. So she sat at the table and put a bean in her left hand, and then snapped the ends off. Then we compromised and she put her hand over the bowl before taking the bean out of it with the right hand. The compromise for me was that she didn't have to sit there and wait for it to drop like she does at therapy - honestly, I was hungry, and I wanted to eat. After that she climbed up on her stool and dropped them into the water and salted them. So put your kid to work in the kitchen - they have to learn to cook too.




This is also FABULOUS cooking progress, because she didn't put my lovely beans in the microwave in a metal bowl ,with salt, and without water, like last time for 10 minutes.... oh that was a MESS!

1 comment:

  1. ugh what is up with the website no videos are working

    ReplyDelete