Sunday, November 8, 2009

Black Eye

I came from my conference on Friday, and about 40 miles out I got a phone call from Brian. Blondie had been pushed down on the playground on Thursday and had a really bad black eye.... but he was on his way to the pediatrician's office because her eyelid was actually bruised... and the white of her eye was now bright red. This morning, Sunday, we woke up to the red having spread.... it's gross.... it is now out to the bright blue of her iris. We'll be calling the ped, and the opthamologist tomorrow if it continues to spread. Has anyone else "bruised" their eyeball? Ick. I can't bring myself to post the picture. Maybe tomorrow if a bunch of the face bruising is gone. Sigh.... does this ever end? Do we keep her from playing on the playground? I don't think so, but between the possibility of a broken arm, and now a bruised eyeball, I'm going to have to come up with something.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly -

    I haven't posted before, but followed a link from Jessie Hall's blog to yours quite a while back. My eight year old daughter had a fight with a bungee cord about a month ago and bruised her eyeball. It was really gross, like you said, and we took her to the hospital to get it checked out, but it ended up healing on its own in about a week. Good luck! (I'm also a school based OT and would definitely not stop Blondie from playing on the playground - too many missed social and motor opportunities. Sounds like you could look into improved safety though........)

    Teresa Roy
    Lantana, TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm not generally a parent who wants to wrap their special needs kid up in bubble wrap, but every month seems to bring something new. Definitely an eye-opening position for me as a teacher. Thanks or posting, hope this stays interesting for you.

    ReplyDelete